









There are lions and roaring tigers,
and enormous camels and things,
There are biffalo-buffalo-bisons,
and a great big bear with wings.
There's a sort of a tiny potamus,
and a tiny nosserus too -
But I gave buns to the elephant
when I went down to the Zoo!
There are badgers and bidgers and bodgers,
and a Super-in-tendent's House,
There are masses of goats, and a Polar,
and different kinds of mouse,
And I think there's a sort of a something
which is called a wallaboo -
But I gave buns to the elephant
when I went down to the Zoo!
If you try to talk to the bison,
he never quite understands;
You can't shake hands with a mingo -
he doesn't like shaking hands.
And lions and roaring tigers
hate saying, "How do you do?" -
But I give buns to the elephant
when I go down to the Zoo!
by Alan Alexander Milne
本人認識不多但又喜愛的英文詩,出自維尼的作者
話說某日天氣異常地好,某人因為去不成科學館而唯有轉戰動物園(都幾歲了,還跑去動物園?),不出所料人群洶湧。一度以為全城的兒童&兒童推車都聚集此地(他們絕對比動物園內任何猛獸更狂野???!!!更活潑,更具破壞力)。其實曾幾何時,某人亦是猛獸一員,可以在園內跑幾圈,不禁慨嘆:歲月催人啊!

No comments:
Post a Comment